Important Update – ACT Covid-19 Restrictions
The Australian Capital Territory (ACT) is in lockdown. People in the ACT can only leave their homes for essential reasons. The full list of current restrictions can be viewed on the ACT Government Website.
CRCS is following the advice of the ACT Government and the impact of today’s announcement on our programs and services can be found below:
- CRCS Early Childhood Centres: All CRCS Early Childhood Centres are open for children who need to attend. CRCS is currently waiving gap fees in line with Commonwealth Government guidelines for families who are enrolled and are keeping their children at home.
- School Age Programs The Before and After School Care Program at Florey Primary School and Charnwood-Dunlop School will remain open in order to provide services to children of essential workers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Transport – only essential services will be provided during this time. For more information, please contact email@example.com
- Community Care – only essential services will be provided during this time e.g. essential in-home support. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- NDIS – there will be no major impact by today’s announcement as all NDIS Support Coordinators are able to continue their work remotely. You can contact us on email@example.com for further information.
- The Belconnen Community Centre and the Belconnen Youth Centre will be closed as per ACT Government directives. This means no activities will be operating and the spaces will not be accessible to the public. For more information, contact the Community Centre on: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Youth Centre on: email@example.com
You can also get in contact with the Youth Team through social media:
Facebook: (20+) Belconnen Youth Centre | Facebook
- All face-to-face supports and programs are on hold until further notice, this includes Tiny Tumblers, Playgroups – including ‘Connect and Grow’ at Westfield Belconnen, Bungee, Family Foundations, case management support, Involve, BEST Club, Gym programs, English Conversations, Home-schooling Programs, Theatre Shows, Cafe, and the hiring of rooms.
All individuals in the ACT who are 12 and older will be required to wear a mask when in public, including in the workplace. Where possible, services can be undertaken via phone or video conferencing. Your safety and wellbeing are of paramount importance to us and we’ll endeavor to check in with those who need our support over the coming days.
For further information, please contact us on 02 6264 0200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please stay safe and healthy, be kind, and remember to look after each other. Thank you for your cooperation and support during these challenging times.
Mental Health and Wellbeing during COVID-19
The impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, physical distancing, and isolation can make us feel anxious, stressed, and worried. For more information on mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19 visit the ACT Health website.
If you are having very strong feelings of worry, unease, fear, or struggling to cope, it is important to seek support. You can call or visit:
- your GP
- Lifeline Australia: 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue: 1300 224 636
- Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467
- Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800
- Headspace Canberra: 02 5109 9700
- MensLine Australia: 1300 78 99 78
- Canberra Health Services Access Mental Health: 1800 629 354 or 02 6205 1065